Moving Your Internet and Digital Phone Service to Your New Home
These instructions apply to moving your digital home phone and/or Internet services. If you are moving your landline phone service, please refer to the Moving Phone Services page.
Before the Move
A few weeks before your move call 1-855-835-6381 to arrange for the transfer of your service.
When you call, have the following handy:
- Your Telnet home phone number or account number
- Your new street address, including postal code
- Moving date
- A phone number (ex. mobile phone) where you can be reached on moving day
A Telnet representative will walk you through the moving process, and will let you know if a technician visit will be necessary at your new home.
Usually no technician visit is required and your service will simply be activated on the day of your move.
On Move Day
Make sure you pack up all of your phones and Telnet equipment (Modem and VoIP Box) power cords, etc. in a clearly labelled and easy to get to container so you can unpack and have your phone service up and running quickly.
No Technician Visit Required
If no technician visit is required:
- Plug your phones and phone filters into the phone jacks throughout your home.
- Plug in your modem.
- Verify that your service is fully functional and ready for use. Your service should be active by 5 p.m. on the day of your move. If it is not, please contact us for assistance.
NOTE: If you subscribe to Telnet's Digital Phone Services but get your Internet from somewhere else, your phone will not work until your Internet service has been activated by your Internet provider.
Technician Visit Required
If a technician visit is required on the day of your move:
- Unpack your equipment and plug your phones into the phone jacks throughout your home.
- Ensure the account holder or a representative who is 18 or older is on-site to authorize the installation and sign the agreement.
Your billing will continue uninterrupted.
An activation fee of $50.00 for residential phone lines and $60.00 for business lines will be added to your account.