Change Your Internet Service Level
To change your Internet speed or usage limit call 1-855-835-6381 to check what services are available in your area.
When you call, have Your Telnet home phone number or account number handy.
The following will apply depending on the change you make:
- Changing You Usage Limit: The appropriate changes will appear on your next bill to reflect any changes you make to your usage limit. There are no are no administrative or service charges for making a usage limit change.
- Moving from 6 Mb to Any Other DSL Service: Upgrading from a 6Mb service to any other DSL service requires a service call to make changes outside of the demarcation point at your house. the account holder or a representative who is 18 or older is on-site to authorize the changes. The cost for this service call is $69.00.
- Moving between 10, 15, 25 and 50 Mb DSL Services: Changing you service level between these services requires several changes on our end. The cost for these administrative changes is $69.00.Moving between 10, 15, 25 and 50 Mb DSL Services: Changing you service level between these services requires several changes on our end. The cost for these administrative changes is $69.00.
- Upgrading to 10/7, 15/10, 25 or 50 Mb DSL Services: These services require a VDSL modem, so if you are moving to one of these services from any other service level you need a new modem. A VDSL modem can be rented for $8.95 / month plus a $12.00 shipping fee to send you the new modem.
- Downgrading to 6, 10/1, 15/1, Mb DSL Services: If you are currently subscribing to a service that requires a VDSL modem and you are renting that modem you can return it and replace it with a more inexpensive modem. You can purchase or rent the following modems from Telnet. A $69.00 administrative fee also applies to this change.
Modem Rental 4 Port Wireless $7.95 / month
A $12.00 shipping fee applies.
If you own your VDSL modem it will still work with the new service level and you do not need to switch modems.
Returning a Rental Modem
If you are currently renting a modem from Telnet the rental fee will be removed from your bill once you have returned it to:
50 Richmond St. East, Suite 105
Oshawa, Ontario L1G 7C7
For more information call 1-855-835-6381.