Moving Your Phone Service to Your New Home
These instructions apply to moving our regular home phone services in Oshawa and the downtown Toronto Core. If you are moving a digital phone service, please refer to the Moving Internet and Digital Phone Services page.
If you subscribe to one of our home phone services in Oshawa or the Toronto downtown core and are moving out of this area, you can switch to a digital home phone service with the same quality and all the features you currently have.
Before the Move
A few weeks before your move call 1-855-835-6381 to arrange for the transfer of your service.
When you call, have the following handy:
- Your Telnet home phone number or account number
- Your new street address, including postal code
- Moving date
- A phone number (ex. mobile phone) where you can be reached on moving day
A Telnet representative will walk you through the moving process, and will let you know if a technician visit will be necessary at your new home.
Usually no technician visit is required and your service will simply be activated on the day of your move.
On Move Day
Make sure you pack up all of your phones and Telnet equipment, power cords, etc. in a clearly labeled and easy to get to container so you can unpack and have your phone service up and running quickly.
No Technician Visit Required
If no technician visit is required:
- Unpack your equipment, plug your phones into the phone jacks throughout your home.
- Verify that your service is fully functional and ready for use. Your service should be active by 5 p.m. on the day of your move. If it is not, please contact us for assistance.
Technician Visit Required
If a technician visit is required on the day of your move:
- Unpack your equipment and plug your phones into the phone jacks throughout your home.
- Ensure the account holder or a representative who is 18 or older is on-site to authorize the installation and sign the agreement.
Your billing will continue uninterrupted.
An activation fee of $50.00 for residential phone lines and $60.00 for business lines will be added to your account.